Monday, April 30, 2012

Estate Sale Finds and Link Party Reminder

On Friday morning a friend texted me about an estate sale she saw in our area.  I hurried over and this is what I saw:

It was a little overwhelming, in a good way!  It looked like nothing had been thrown away in decades.  There were half-empty jars of Vaseline that looked like they were from the fifties.  There were numerous (at least 50!) complete sets of china and glassware galore.  Those sticks in the front of the picture above are all fishing rods.


There was so much stuff that it was piled on open trailers.  The lady hosting the sale said that they had to much more that they would be continuing to bring stuff out for at least two more weeks!

I got a couple of small things.

These plates would be fun for a tea party or to serve dessert.

Big K picked out this rocking chair.

I've been looking for a little table for my entryway.  As you know, I usually paint most of my furniture, but I kind of like this dark wood "as is."  The brass cranes were from the sale too.




I got a couple of mirrors.


This bookcase was only $3.  I'm thinking about painting it and putting it in one of the kid's rooms or maybe selling it.  All of this, including some books and another mirror came to $50!  I might have to see what they have next weekend.


Speaking of selling, I finished my first piece of furniture since last September.  As soon as I put it on Craigslist, it sold!  I'll show you some pictures later this week.

Did you get lucky finding any treasures at yard sales over the weekend?



Don't forget, tomorrow is the big linky party/blog hop for the end of the Color My World Challenge.  Link up a post showing how you incorporated a new color into your home.  Your post will show up on all of the Color My World participant's blogs and each one of us will be picking a few features.  Link up and YOU could be featured!!!

13 comments:

Carol-Anne said...

Wow! That is quite the sale! Was it all from one house? Must have been a hoarder!

That bookshelf will look great painted and hope you'll show it when you do.

Happy Monday!

Laurie said...

Score!!! What great finds. Lucky you.

Crazy Wonderful said...

Now THAT'S a sale!!!

Anonymous said...

You did amazing! Love those cranes!

Cassie Bustamante said...

the cranes are so awesome! and that sale looks like heaven on earth to me! :)

Ange said...

Oh how fun! Those cranes are awesome, I want them! That mirror is fab too.....great finds girl!

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

Wow! You hit it big. What great finds! I love that entry table. I hit an estate sale on Saturday and it was so annoying. She had super nice furntiture but none of it was for sale!

Jessamie {Bird and Branch Redesign} said...

L-O-V-E those brass cranes!!! I want some...

Katie said...

Holy awesome estate sale! How did you leave with only those items?! I love that hallway table - sometimes it's nice to keep a few items untouched by paint! Love it!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

What a great sale! Bliss!!

Holly Gruszka said...

What a score! I love the table for the entry and the brass cranes. I hope to hit up some sales soon.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

What great finds, Suzy!! LOVE Big K's rocking chair!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Holy Cannoli! That is a *STEAL* for all that great loot! I need to go to sales with *you*, girl! (c: