Monday, August 27, 2012

House Tour: Master Bedroom in Progress



A few weeks ago, I asked you if I should buy this bedding from West Elm.


While many of you cautioned me against purchasing it, I had to buy it on ebay because it was such a good deal.  I have a hard time passing up a deal!

Can you see why I can't go with all white bedding?  That dog is like a mud magnet who thinks our bed belongs to her.

As you can see, the room is definitely "IN PROGRESS."  The mirror needs to be moved.  I also need soe fun throw pillows or I might pull out my embroidery machine and monogram the pillowcases.

My coral desk is also not quite the right color with the bedding...nothing a coat of paint can't fix.  But, that's the risk you run when buying things online.  I'm never quite sure what the color will look like in person.  I also want to paint the file cabinet to match the desk.

That window needs some kind of covering besides the shade.

I have plans for this blank wall that I will share with you tomorrow.

While it's definitely not finished, this room has come a long way from being the most neglected room in the house.

To Do
 
  • Throw pillows for bed.
  • Window covering.
  • Wall art.
  • Repaint desk and file cabinet.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

You're funny. I understand not being able to pass up a good deal. My husband tells me I'm going broke saving money. Whatever! I like the bedding:)

Crazy Wonderful said...

I'm pretty sure I cautioned you against it since you weren't completely sure. Sooo glad you didn't listen to us, it looks great in there!!! Love your idea for monograming the white pillows too!

Cassie Bustamante said...

i love the bedding in there! it looks fabulous!

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

I'm glad you like the bedding. It's going to look great when you pull it all together!