Monday, June 4, 2012

A New Rug

Many of the rooms I like feature jute or other natural-fiber rugs.



They have such a casual, almost beachy feel, but can fit in with almost any decor.




Almost every living room inspiration photo I have features a jute rug.  Don't believe me?  Check out my living room board on Pinterest.




So, way back in March I ordered the jute boucle rug from West Elm.  It was backordered, but came at the beginning of April.

I didn't take any pictures of the new rug in my living room, but you can catch a tiny glimpse of it here.

Once the rug was unrolled and put into place, however, we noticed a bunch of snags.  Here's an example of one:

West Elm was great about letting me return the rug and exchange it for a new one.  But, it's NOT easy to repackage and ship a 9x12 rug!  I've been waiting for a replacement, but the rug is backordered until the end of June.

One day when I was wasting time, procrastinating browsing on Overstock, I noticed this rug.


I'm a big fan of anything Greek key.  But, best of all, it was available immediately.  So, I cancelled my West Elm jute rug and this beauty arrived in the mail two days later.  I couldn't be happier with it.  It's so soft and looks good with the rest of the room.

Remember the trim on my curtains?  I love it with the rug.


If I ever have time to clean and accessorize this room properly, I promise I'll show you pictures of the whole thing.  Until then, this is the best I can do!

Do you like natural fiber rugs?  Have you seen any good rugs lately?

PS - In case you ever need to ship a giant rug....

Use drawstring trashbags and cut a hole in the bottom.  Don't but holes in the bags that go on the two ends.  Thread the rug through the holes, overlapping trash bags.  Tie tightly, slap on some tape, and send!

11 comments:

Crazy Wonderful said...

The new rug is awesome! Looking forward to seeing all the details together!

Cassie Bustamante said...

it looks fabulous! and so you! i love overstock rugs. :)

Kim said...

I love a good jute rug too ... it's the texture that adds so much warmth. I have to say I love the Greek Key too!! And anything that is available NOW is always better in my book!

Ange said...

Oooh I love the new rug! I might need to order that for my kitchen. Let me know how it holds up to kids but most especially, dogs!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Oh what a bummer with a happy ending. I am looking at the Ikea jute rugs....now I'm nervous.

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

Love it! I like that it has a little extra design as well! I bought my jute rug for World Market and I LOVE it.

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Love it! And a very smart choice. I have a jute rug from Pottery Barn and it is a very love/hate relationship. The snags that happen with little ones and all of the shedding it does is certainly annoying. I think you'll be really happy with your choice.

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

What a headache! I just hate returning things, too...I'm not sure why, but it gives me anxiety! But in this case, it definitely worked out in your favor because that guy is *stylin'* in your living room (c: Totally worth the switcheroo!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I love the rug you ended up with Suzy!! It still has that neutral color scheme but the Greek key design is so cool!

I am a BIG fan of seagrass, jute and sisal rugs. I have a big seagrass run in our family room….love the way it feels underfoot even though it's not soft. We've had it for 10 or so years and it's held up great!! I want one in particular from Overstock for my dining room and we're planning on doing a natural runner on our staircase as well.

Holly Gruszka said...

I love Overstock and have found a few different items on there for a great price and they were always available right away. Glad you got a great rug at a good price too. I still love my rug from Crate and Barrel I got a few months ago but I don't think it's available anymore.

mrugpills said...

Those all photos looks fabulous. I like that it has a little extra design as well and pattern. I also purchase this type of rugs for my home.

mycustomrug