Monday, August 20, 2012

Sneak Peak

I had a busy, yet fun, weekend.  How about you?

I spent Saturday canning tomatoes.  The home-canned version tastes so much better than store bought cans of tomatoes.  We use these all winter long in chili, soups, sauce and all kinds of things.

Check out all of the fruit and vegetables that I got from Bountiful Baskets this week.  This should help start my fast-track detox diet!

Sunday was spent rearranging Kayla's room and painting a dresser for her. Here's a little sneak peak. 

All I need is some new hardware and then this dresser will be complete.  Hopefully, I will have a picture to share tomorrow.

Then, it was get ready for back-to-school!

School started for my three girls on Monday.  I always send them back to school with mixed emotions.  On one hand, I will miss our relaxed summer schedule.  On the other hand, I need to get some things done and I only seem to accomplish anything when they are at school.  This is the first year that Mary will be in school 3 full days.  I think she will enjoy it.  The house is kind of boring for her without her big sisters around.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I've never canned anything but it sounds like a great idea.
Love the dresser so far.

Cassie Bustamante said...

your girls are so cute! can't wait to see the ombre dresser!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Awww the girls look so cute all ready for school!! Hope they like the new school….I am looking forward to the uniform aspect of my son going private this year! I can't believe your veggie bounty - wow!

Crazy Wonderful said...

Your girls are so adorable!!! I've got 2 more weeks before my little one heads to preschool for the first time. Eeek!!! Can't wait to see the dresser, it's going to be awesome. And, all those veggies have me thinking I could really use a good clean detox one this kiddo arrives :)