Thursday, May 26, 2011

Saved

Even more than I love saving old furniture, I love saving dogs. Tyler, a.k.a. TT, T, Mr. T or Ty, came to us last August from the Golden Retriever Freedom Rescue. T was on death row in Missouri when he was saved by GRFR. He then went to live with a nice foster family in Boulder, CO until he could be adopted. He was adopted out, but ended up being returned to the foster family. His adoptive mom couldn't handle his rambunctious personality. After a long adoption process of application, essays, phone interview, home visit, visit with other dogs, etc., we were finally approved for adoption and brought Mr. T home. At first, he was a timid, semi-shy dog. Now, he is full of personality and a great companion for our family. He is a purebred Golden Retriever. Why anyone would ever let such an amazing dog end up in the pound on death row is a mystery. Ty's story is not unique. There are literally millions of dogs like him around the country. If you are considering getting a dog, look at the various dog rescue groups. If you need any help, please let me know.


Here's Ty with our other dog, sweet Gracie.


Everyone loves Ty! Notice the paint splotch on his back. He was helping with a furniture makeover.


I was so proud of my smart boy when he graduated from doggie school.

Obviously, my dogs are important to me. Because I wanted my gallery wall to feature things important to our family, I knew I had to find some dog art. Here's what I've got:




Source: etsy.com via Suzanne on Pinterest


This guy looks just like Ty.




Here's another:



Source: etsy.com via Suzanne on Pinterest



He bears a striking resemblance to my smiling King Henry, who we lost to cancer last summer at age 12:





Click on the link below the pics to check out this artist on etsy. Or visit www.dogartstudio.etsy.com. His art is beautiful and he features tons of different dogs. He is also very reasonable...about $12-$15 for a high-quality 8x10 print. I've received things from him very quickly as well.

If you are looking for other dog-art ideas, here you go:




Source: etsy.com via Suzanne on Pinterest






Source: etsy.com via Suzanne on Pinterest






Source: etsy.com via Suzanne on Pinterest






Source: etsy.com via Suzanne on Pinterest

4 comments:

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

That is some seriously fun doggie art...I'm totally at a loss why people let that happen to such wonderful dogs as well...it's such a shame! We have a mini schnauzer at our house, and as irritating as some of her antics can be (she has a major case of "short dog syndrome" if you know what I mean (c:)...we couldn't ever dream of giving her up!

GoingPlaces2 said...

Thanks so much for including my little red Golden Retriever print! Such a sweet, gentle and wonderful family dog. I love Ty's smile:) Give him a big kiss for me!

Barb said...

Thank you for including my Keep Calm and Love Goldens print. I have two rescue dachshunds myself, and support all breed rescues - you could say it was one of my life's passions. Bless you for rescuing your baby, and promoting it for others. I am so grateful!

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

What a sweet post! Your little Ty is a cutie!