Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Dipped Design

Thank you for all of your sweet comments regarding my little injury.  Things could have been so much worse and I'm grateful that I'll have the full use of my fingers.  In the meantime, I have to wear a splint for two weeks that basically immobilizes my hand and fingers.  Have you ever tried washing or blowdrying your hair with one hand?  It's harder than you think! 

I just took my splint off to write this short post.  I'm supposed to do range-of-motion exercises each day...I think typing counts.  :)

Anways, dipped furniture and decor is nothing new.  I think it's so pretty and can be replicated easily at home with a simple DIY project.

What is dipped furniture?  It's furniture that looks like it has been dipped in a big bucket of paint, like these tables from West Elm.



Here's another example of dipped decor from West Elm:



And Wisteria:

Source: houzz.com via Suzanne on Pinterest


Martha Stewart even provides a tutorial on how to make your own dipped baskets.



Bundle up a bunch of wooden dipped kitchen utensils for a unique gift.



Both of these projects were spray painted, but have that same "dipped" feeling.






In addition to paint dipped decor, you can also dip dye fabric.  How easy would it be to make something similar to these Antropologie curtains?

Source: houzz.com via Suzanne on Pinterest


Looking for a new way to do your Easter eggs, dip them!



Once my hand is healed, I'll definitely be doing some dipping!

6 comments:

The Pink Pagoda said...

I love the dyed drapes! How easy and awesome!

Danylle McLain said...

I love this idea! I think those kitchen utensils are fabulous!
~Danylle

A room with a view said...

I love the dipped accessories and those gorgeous curtains. I guess the sky is the limit! Hope you are doing better, Suzy!

Tiffany said...

These are all great, but my favorite are the utensils...so colorful and happy. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Crazy Wonderful said...

I'm so loving this look. What to dip... what to dip...

Blogger said...

Earn free bitcoins from using the BitFun Faucet to get 100% free bitcoins. Claim every 5 minutes.
Play the DICE game for a chance to double your bitcoins.