Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Should I Buy It?

I'm not usually plagued by indecision.  I usually know right what I want and go for it, sometimes regretting the consequences later.  I saw this West Elm bedding on ebay for a steal and am considering getting it.  But, is it too bright?


King size duvet and two euro pillow shams for $59.  I think it would look pretty with my new coral desk.  I have black furniture, so this would help brighten things up.  I currently have a white quilt...maybe I could just fold the duvet down by the foot of the bed so the pink and coral are quite so vibrant?

Here's an OLD picture of my bedroom.  The walls are now gray and I have some new lamps, but the bed is still the same.



Now. I'm wondering if I like this bedding only because the price is right?  The bedrooms I've been pinning have much more subdued shades of gray, white and black.  Kind of like this:



I must really like that bedroom, because I have it pinned two times.


Source: google.com via Suzanne on Pinterest


But, now I'm more drawn to bright, happy places like these:




Source: bhg.com via Suzanne on Pinterest

But that one still has pretty neutral bedding.  Ugh.  I guess I really don't know what I want.

This indecision's killing me....

9 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

i usually do not buy if there is any hesitation, so i would say no only because you don't sound sure.

Starr said...

Is there really such a thing as too much brightness? In my house, no.

Seriously, I wouldn't buy the bedding. Not because it's too colorful but because you're not sure. Also, I don't really love it because it's not bright enough!

Tiffany said...

Eek. If you're questioning it then it's not the right decision for you. When you find the perfect fit you won't have to ask anyone if you should or shouldn't.

Laurie said...

If you have to ask, don't buy.

Homestyling101 said...

I think I am in the minority when I say "BUY IT!" I always weigh risk vs reward...for $59 if you hate it in a year, you can re-sell it....although I think I am a compulsive shopper when it comes to decor (at least that is what my storage unit says).....in fact, if you don't buy it...maybe I will! (Just kidding!)

Crazy Wonderful said...

I'd say buy it only if you had fallen for it before seeing the steal of a deal price. I can easily get won over by a low price, and then later I realize that was the only thing I really loved about it.

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

I saw hold off. I get nervous about really bright colors because they can look one way online and be a completely different color in person. Plus, if you find yourself drawn to calmer bedding, then get the calm bedding and add funky/bright pillows for the pop of color.

Holly Gruszka said...

I like it but I feel like I would tire of it easily, but if you were to roll down the duvet to the bottom and push the shams to the back of the bed - you could pull in some of that neutral (is it tan or grey mixed in there?) into pillow cases or throw pillows. Maybe like a nice small floral or damask like in the CG photo. You could make it work!

Unknown said...

Maybe you could try patterned sheets and turn the white quilt down so they show. I like the pillows ands shams you have going on now. Wanted to let you know my Get social Sunday party is live. You can come link up your homepage and show off your blog!

http://alivedinhome.blogspot.com/2012/08/get-social-sunday.html