Monday, October 15, 2012

Fundraiser for a Friend

A friend of mine was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.  She is the mother of two daughters, a fifth grader an eighth grader.  The fifth grader is good friends with my oldest daughter.  The mother underwent surgery last Thursday and will be starting chemotherapy soon.
 
My heart is breaking for this sweet family.  In an effort to help with some of their medical bills, I'm holding a Stella & Dot party where I'm donating 50% of any commissions I earn between October 8th and November 13th to the family.



If you are not familiar with Stella & Dot, they sell beautiful jewelry that has been featured in numerous fashion magazines and is worn by celebrities.  The also have candles, iPhone cases, wallets, handbags and tech cases, and scarves.



During the month of October, Stella & Dot also has a Pink Boutique, where 100% of the proceeds are being donated to the Noreen Fraser Foundation benefiting women's cancer research.
 

I'm truly hoping that I am able to raise some money to help the family.  I think about how easily any of us could be suffering what they are going through.  It has also added a new perspective to my life.  I might complain about my weight or not being a fast runner, but I am vowing to be thankful everyday for my health and the health of my family.  I am so grateful for our healthy bodies.
 
To view the rest of the Stella & Dot collection and to place an order, go here.  You can order online and your merchandise will be shipped directly to you.  You can also order through the button on my sidebar.   If you have any questions, please ask!  Also feel free to share this on our blogs too.  Let's try to do some good!!!  Thank you!
 
If you are interested in holding your own online Stella & Dot trunk show on your blog, let me know.  The average show earns the hostess $250 of free jewelry + 50% off additional purchases.

No comments: