Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!



I love the start of a new year.  It seems like a new beginning, full of possibilities.  It is a time to reflect on the year that was and to set goals for the year that is to be.  I'll share my goals with you soon, but today I wanted to wish you all the best in 2012.  I hope that you achieve all that wish for and most of all that you and your family have a happy and healthy new year!

Here are a few quotes that are inspiring to me:



I saw this on my favorite food/recipe blog, Our Best Bites, and absolutely love this simple, yet powerful, sentiment:
“This year, mend a quarrel. Seek out a forgotten friend. Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust. Write a letter. Give a soft answer. Encourage youth. Manifest your loyalty in word and deed. Keep a promise. Forgo a grudge. Forgive an enemy. Apologize. Try to understand. Examine your demands on others. Think first of someone else. Be kind. Be gentle. Laugh a little more. Express your gratitude. Welcome a stranger. Gladden the heart of a child. Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth. Speak your love and then speak it again.” -Howard W. Hunter

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Special 'K' said...

What a lovely post. Thanks for sharing. I will follow on my way out so I can revisit. I hope you can find the time to come visit me and do the same. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Cheers SpecialK XoXo