Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Kids' Bathroom Reveal

I revealed this bathroom earlier in the year over at Bird and Branch Redesign.  It's one of my favorite projects of the year, so I wanted to post it here too.  Just skip over this post if you've already seen it. :)

I'm almost finished with my kids' bathroom makeover.  This was such a fun project to do because I did 90% of it all by myself.  My husband cut one board and moved the toilet, but I painted, tiled, wallpapered and added trim.  It was my first time tackling a project of this size, but I'm happy with the results.

Here's what I started out with:


 I started by tiling a frame around the mirror.  Here's a tutorial on how I did it.  Once the mirror was completed, I wasn't satisfied with the rest of the bathroom.

I painted the walls Dolphin by Martha Stewart.  It is a soft gray color.


Next, I added paintable beadboard wallpaper to the bottom halves of the wall.  I finished this by adding some trim and painting both the trim and wallpaper and trim Behr's Decorator White.



Next, I painted the vanity Cement by Martha Stewart.  I also added some knobs from Hobby Lobby.
 I think I will have to add some knobs to the drawers too.



I finished the room off by adding some accessories I found around the house, including the "Hello Gorgeous" print I won from Nutmegaroo Studios.










BEFORE



AFTER

Here's the cost breakdown for all of you numbers people:

Paint $50
Beadboard Wallpaper $20
Trim $10
Knobs $4
Shower curtain, art, accessories - already owned = FREE

Total $84

Remember to join my link party on Thursday!  Hope to see you then.

10 comments:

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

This looks amazing Suzy! I've been interested in using the beadboard wallpaper in my mudroom. Did you like it?

Andrea @ The Dawley Fam said...

I am loving the makeover. I love the colors you picked, so calming!

Cassie Bustamante said...

love it! i love the new colors, too- it looks so clean and fresh!

Unknown said...

Suzy, this is fabulous! I am so impressed with all that you did, especially the tiling! You go girl!
Cathy

Holly Gruszka said...

I don't remember the whole recap on this project - I love what you've done and the accessories and print.

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

WOW! The after reveal looks great! Love the paint colors you picked!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

LOVE it, as always!!! It looks so different! And I just looked through the favorite posts, and I would second all of those...and do you remember that time that you guested on some crazy lady's blog??? That was my favorite (c:

Art Activities said...

Everything looks perfect!!!

Patent Drafting Bangalore said...

Nice blog,Thanks for posting....

Unknown said...

very impressive bathroom. i am looking for some helpful site for renovating my bathroom that would look good also

bathroom accessories