Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Coffee Table

Yesterday I shared my little Saved by Suzy-style stripping tutorial. As you know, I was stripping the top of a coffee table that I primed (oops!) and then decided that I wanted to stain.

Here's what I started out with:
Such a pretty shape, don't you think?

Next, I removed some ugly brass hardware and filled in the holes with wood filler.

Sanding and priming were up next. And then she sat in my garage for a LONG LONG time until I decided what to do. Finally I stripped the top and found some beautiful wood underneath.

I had some blue "oops" paint on hand that I used on the legs, stained the top with Minwax Chestnut, distressed the legs, added a coat of stain to the legs, and finally waxed the top.

Here she is after the big makeover:

I was inspired by this table from Home Decorator's Collection that retails for $209:

Linked:
Today's Creative Blog
Sugar Bee Crafts
Not Just a Housewife
Reasons to Skip the Housework
Bella Before and After
Primitive and Proper
Home Stories of A to Z
Savvy Southern Style
DIY by Design
Tip Junkie
Type A Decorating
http://sistersstuff.blogspot.com/
The Thrifty Home
Domestically Speaking
Primp
A Diamond in the Stuff
Restore Interiors
The Shabby Chic Cottage
Somewhat Simple
Beyond the Picket Fence
Fireflies and Jellybeans
My Simple Home Life
Addicted 2 Decorating
Just a Girl
Remodelaholic
Miss Mustard Seed
Finding Fabulous
Tatertots and Jello
Under the Table and Dreaming
Thrifty Decor Chick
Coastal Charm

9 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

i love that! the wood top is perfect with the painted finish on the base... very nice!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

It looks fantastic!!! Seriously, i have been searching for a table like that...but I want to turn it into a bench...mwah ha ha! I loved the tutorial, too...I seriously need all the help I can get with this stuff (c:

Decor & Harmony said...

Classic I love it.

Unknown said...

beautiful, love the paint with the stained top. i just did a piece like this.
lauren

Holly Gruszka said...

Oh la la...nice work! I love that you kept the true wood look on top but painted the legs.

Madison said...

Great makeover. Such a fabulous transformation. Well done.

Madison xxx

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

It turned out fabulous!

Suzanne@thriftstoredecorjunky said...

I love this look! The blue legs is a nice surprise..Great job!

Pamela said...

How beautiful! You did a great job.