This is probably the most difficult for me. I love junk food and generally survive on a diet of sugar, fat, and caffeine (ugh!!). My junk food diet leads me to be crabby and tired. I need to change this and hope to eat more healthily in 2012.
- Eat 5 fruits and vegetables each day.
- Keep the pantry free of junk food and the refridgerator stocked with fruits, veggies, and healthy snacks.
- Meal plan to make dinnertime more nutritious for the family. Cook more dinners that we eat together as a family.
This is probably the easiest goal for me because I'm a crazy person who actually likes to exercise. I think exercise has been the only thing keeping my body semi-healthy despite the junk food/sugar obsession. In this area, I want to continue what I've been doing this past year.
- Weights 2x/week and running/spinning 3x/week.
- Run the Palisade half-marathon in May.
- Road bike more! I love to bike, but never seem to do it enough. Participate in one of the charity rides in my area (Tour of the Valley or Rose Hill Rally).
- Revise the 2011 budget for 2012 and stick to it!
- Get back to couponing and menu plan based on what's on sale.
- Grow my legal and nonprofit consulting work. Actively seek out work and clients.
- List and sell completed furniture on Craigslist.
- Simplify. I'm not sure about everything this could entail, but I want to try to keep my and my family's lives simple so that we can focus on each other and what truly matters to us. This might mean traveling less and staying home more; getting rid of clutter; not becoming overcommitted.
- Have meaningful family together time several times per month where we do something together as a family. It could be going for a hike, playing games, doing a project etc.
- To become a better parent, take the Love and Logic parenting class in January. Apply what I've learned to my family.
- Remember that how I feel is a choice. Choose to be positive. Don't get sidetracked by negativity or worrying. Try to instill this attitude of postivity into my children. Choose joy!
- Finish projects that I start or have already started. This includes the girls' rooms and the unfinished furniture sitting out in the garage.
- Paint the living room, dining room and kitchen.
- Paint all trim throughout the house.
- Choose one room/area per week and organize and purge that area of unneccessary stuff.
What are some of your goals for 2012? What are your dreams? What do you hope to achieve?