Monday, January 30, 2012

More DIY Art

I'm redoing Mary's room on a budget, meaning I need to find thrifty ways to still make it cute.  The blog Sprik Space has tons of free printables, including lots of plain patterns.

I uploaded some of the plain patterns to Picnik (so sad Picnik will be going away) and played around with adding text.  I was surprised how easy it was to make some cute, personalized prints.

I quickly created a few things and I might play around some more to see what else I come up with.  Once I've finalized the designs, I'll send them to a photo printer to be printed.  If I had a color printer, I could just print them myself.  How simple is that?!?!



 I think a collection of these would look so cute.


I'm thinking about making my sister something like this for her orange and gray nursery once her baby is born...in only a few more weeks!

Have you made prints like this?  If so, I would love to see them!  You could put a link in your comment.

Be sure to stop by Sprik Space to check out the other free printables and to say "hi" to Aimee.

8 comments:

My Crafty Home-Life said...

This is a great idea. I have never tried this. What will you be using to replace picnik? I just found them...now they are going.

Tiffany said...

These are so adorable. I'll definitely keep them in mind when I do my daughter's room.

pam {simple details} said...

Too fun, Suzy! Love the monogram, thanks for sharing! :)

Beth Dunn said...

Those are so sweet!
xoxo
SC

Lisa Scibilia said...

So cute! Love these ideas. Thanks for sharing the free printables, Suzy!

Aimee said...

These turned out so fun! Great job! :)

Holly said...

Those are so cute and you can really do a lot with those! I'll have to play around some more. I'm so sad about Picnik but I think there are other programs that will be just as helpful. Rhoda from Southern Hospitality did a nice tutorial on Photoscape recently. I've got that on my to-do list. I might even make the purchase and do Photoshop. We'll see. Also, did you see the updates to Olioboard?

Lisa - A Room with A View said...

Gorgeous color combination, like I have said before...have to take a look at these printables.