Friday, September 2, 2011

Black Doors???

It seems like painting interior doors black has been all the rage for some time now.



















I have French doors off of the eating area onto our patio, similar to this:



When I saw that picture, I thought I might like to paint my French doors black too.

But, then I saw this gorgeous door at House of Smith's and I started thinking about all of the doors in my house and what pretty colors they could be painted.


I'm curious, what are your thoughts on painting doors?  Do you like black interior doors? 

Stay tuned, I just might have some projects to show you.  I'm excited for the long weekend.  I hope you all have a great holiday weekend too!

6 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

i don;t usually like a lot of black in my home but i do love the black doors- they add drama!

Carol-Anne said...

You know, I'm torn about this. No help, I suppose, but I love them both...the black and the aqua colour. Since Shelley mixed them in her house, could you do the same? Or is there just one door available for painting?

Restore and Renew said...

The black doors look great in those homes. But the aqua door is gorgeous!! I am a new follower.

Holly Gruszka said...

I'm back from vacay and catching up on my reader. I really love the look of painted black interior doors, but in our current home we just couldn't do it because of our challenge with natural light. I think the black door looks best with LOTS of natural light - as most of your pictures have shown. Can't wait to see what projects you have up your sleeve. Question for you - how do you get your photo credits to do that? Specifically from your Pinterest photos?

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

I have in the throes of renovating a 70's era home with absolutely no architectural detail. I plan to paint the doors, handrail and step treads black. Hope you can stop by soon!

Julia @ 551Eastdesign said...

I love this last picture! That door is defiantly joining my pintrest boards. :) Thank you for the great inspiration!