I'm participating in Mood Board Monday hosted by Pewter+Sage. For this challenge, we picked one of four wallpapers to design a room around.
Before we go any further, let me just say that this is my first ever mood board. I am not a designer. In fact, I'm an attorney...pretty much the opposite side of the spectrum from design. As you might know, I just like to paint furniture in my spare time. In no way does this qualify me to be dispensing design advice. I'm just showing you what I like. So, please be kind to me in your comments!
At first, I tried designing a living room around this wallpaper:
So, here's the wallpaper I chose instead:
This paper is much more "me." I typically gravitate towards geometric patterns. I also liked this wallpaper because it provides a muted backdrop with subtle interest where the furniture and the art can really pop.
So, here it is:
1. The art - I adore everything about this piece....the colors, the texture. It was a great starting place. I decided to pull the mustard yellow and blue from it.
2. The cabinet - painting furniture is what I do, so I had to include a painted piece. I also like the mix of modern and traditional elements in a room.
3. Vase - pulling out that yellow.
4. Metal Side Table - the darker color of this table anchors the room.
5. Lamp - the sheen on this lamp is pretty.
6. Rug - the geometric shapes echo the wallpaper.
7. Sofa - I liked the classic shape. The neutral backdrop is great for colorful pillows.
8. Ikat pillows - I'm always a sucker for ikat and am loving the blue and yellow combo here.
9. Rosette pillow - the circles echo the shape of the circles in the wallpaper.
10. Devon Mirror - again, the circles.
11. Blue side table - just a fun piece. Plus, I don't like matchy-matchy side tables.
12. Lamp - There's alot going on with the table, so the clear glass doesn't add more clutter.
13. Chair - pretty yellow frame.