Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas Yarn Wreath

Here's my Christmas yarn wreath.

You may remember this wreath from Halloween.  Back in October, I started by covering a wreath form with a simple gray and white yarn background.  There's a tutorial for you too in the original post.

For Halloween, the wreath sported some creepy embellishments.

I attached everything with pins, so that I could reuse the wreath for different seasons.  So, as soon as Halloween was over, I pulled out the "Boo" banner and bat and was left with some pretty fall flowers for Thanksgiving.


For Christmas, I unpinned the fall flowers and made some felt flowers in holiday colors, added a red velvet ribbon and a snowflake.  Once again, I pinned everything on so that I can continue reusing the wreath.




I've also spotted these yarn ball wreaths on Pinterest.  They are darling, but I haven't had the time to attempt one.


I'm linking my yarn wreath to Hi Sugarplum as part of this blog hop:

Linking up to some of these great blogs:
Today's Creative Blog, Sugar Bee Crafts, Not Just a Housewife, Reasons to Skip the Housework, Bella Before and After, Primitive and Proper, Home Stories of A to Z, Savvy Southern Style, DIY by Design, Tip Junkie, Type A Decorating, http://sistersstuff.blogspot.com/, The Thrifty Home, Domestically Speaking, Primp,
A Diamond in the Stuff, Restore Interiors, The Shabby Chic Cottage, Somewhat Simple, Beyond the Picket Fence, Fireflies and Jellybeans,My Simple Home Life,
Addicted 2 Decorating, Just a Girl, Remodelaholic, Miss Mustard Seed, Finding Fabulous, Tatertots and Jello, Under the Table and Dreaming, Thrifty Decor Chick, Coastal Charm, Junker Newbie, Serenity Now




Uncommon Designs Online

10 comments:

A room with a view said...

I love how versatile this wreath is. I was at Joann's yesterday contemplating doing something similar but am not sure I have the time..let's see! The flowers are so pretty.

Unknown said...

Now that is what I call flexible! The gray is perfect as the foundation color and I love the seasonal decor. What's next?!!

Cassie Bustamante said...

it looks awesome all christmas'ed up! :) i love the colors against the gray!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Wow - your cute wreath is so versatile! Love the Christmas edition Suzy!

Lucky Girl said...

I agree with the other commenters - so great to have such a versatile wreath!

Kristin @ The Southern Summer said...

Yes, great idea! I have been making yarn wreaths as well and considered doing something similar...but in the end opted for the hot glue. Might do the pinning for the next one!

Holly Gruszka said...

I love the grey - can transition from season to season. So cute Suzy!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

You are the wreath master! Love this...and thanks for linking up!

Jessa said...

So pretty. You are so creative! Amazed that such simple changes work so well. Thanks! Sharing!

Decor To Adore said...

Wow! You are a Christmas crafting genius! So glad I found your project via Centsational Girl.

Please stop by for a visit to my blog. I am currently in the midst of a Gifts to Make series.

Be Merry and Bright!