Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

I have taken the week off from blogging.  I apologize for not commenting, replying, and visiting your blogs this week.  My kids have had the entire week off from school and we have been busy with our new puppy, Emma, who arrived on Monday.


We had a nice Thanksgiving at home.  It was just our little family.  Big K made a delicious turkey and I made homemade rolls for the first time, as well as some other side dishes.  I have been on a carb-fest and loving it!

Emma's first Thanksgiving was exhausting!


Today we put up the Christmas tree and decorated for Christmas.  We also tried to take a family picture for our Christmas card.  We thought we would try using the tripod rather than getting a professional photo.  Not the greatest idea!  Every cent spent on a professional photographer is well spent.  Trying to wrangle everyone into position, including two dogs and props, and then running into the picture before the timer goes off is exhausting.  Here are some outtakes from our experience today.  At least it was a nice day and we all had fun outside!



I have so much to be thankful for, but having a healthy family is tops on my list.  I am also thankful for all of YOU and hope that you and your families are having a fun Thanksgiving weekend!

5 comments:

Holly Gruszka said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving!! Looks like you've had a fun week as have we - I've also taken a blog break but caught a few extra minutes to catch up with a few blog friends. I think your photos turned out pretty well for not having a professional. We got my brother-in-law to take one of the three of us and it's pretty good - good enough for our cards I think. Looks like a great week and a handsome family and new puppy :) Enjoy the rest of the weekend - I've got some alone time so trying to squeeze as much in as I can. Off to to the store!

A room with a view said...

What a great Thanksgiving..such great memories have been captured in these pics. Love the one with everyone and the dogs. Have a great weekend!

J Thax said...

I love the pictures! Thanks for posting! Happy Thanksgiving!

A Vintage Vine said...

Suzy so glad you took time off, sometimes we need that! Your Thanksgiving looks so fun, and that is a darling new dog!

Jessamie {Bird and Branch Redesign} said...

I knew we were connected somehow, I have that same china! You're pictures are precious. Happy (be-lated) Thanksgiving!