Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Color My World Challenge Week 3: Paint

Welcome back to the Color My World Challenge.  This week we were challenged to add our new color using paint. 
My big paint project was painting a nook navy blue, but I haven't tried to "style" this area yet.  So, no good photos of this area until Thursday.  Here's a little sneak peak.

I wanted to add more navy, so I used some Rustoleum Painter's Touch spray paint in glossy navy on some accessories.

First up, was this pair of candlesticks.


I changed things up on the mantle, to incorporate the navy.

The ginger jar on the left was black, but it got a coat of navy spray paint and then I added some gold stripes.

I also had a bunch of white vases.  You can always find these at the thrift store.

I tried dipping one in the leftover paint from the niche.  I think I might experiment with this a bit more.  Stay tuned.


Stop by the other Color My World Challengers to see what they've been painting this week!

Remember to join our link party in TWO weeks to show off how you've added a new color to your home too.

Ange - The Blooming Hydrangea
Anna - A Newfound Treasure
Carmel - Our 5th House
Cassie - Primitive and Proper
Jadyn - Dutch.British.Love
Jessamie - Bird and Branch Redesign
Julia - Black Tag Diaries
Julia - Pawley's Island Posh
Kristy - Hyphen Interiors
Lisa - Shine Your Light
Lisa - Trapped in North Jersey
Maury - Life on Mars
Shaunna - Perfectly Imperfect
Shelley - Crazy Wonderful
Suzy - Saved by Suzy
Tiffany - Living Savvy
Tiffany - Worthwhile Domicile
Vashti & Jamie - Like me Some...

17 comments:

Julia Ryan said...

Great job! Can't wait to see that niche all styled up!

Hyphen Interiors said...

Love the niche! Looks like we had similar things in mind.

Hyphen Interiors said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Navy is so crisp and fresh, it look great in the niche and on your new/old accessories! How was your week-end get away?
Cathy

Cassie Bustamante said...

i love the nook and the candlesticks! and i love the dipped look on those- too fun!!!

Jessamie {Bird and Branch Redesign} said...

Look at you and all your navy! I love that you painted that whole thing navy! I'm with Julia, I can't WAIT to see how you style it!

Unknown said...

Great stuff really! I already implemented some of the ideas at home, great job!

Greets,
Holiday Rentals Saas Fee

Jadyn @ Dutch.British.Love said...

Looks great! I can't wait to see how you style the niche!

Tiffany said...

I'm loving all the navy you introduced. Can't wait to see your styling!

Anonymous said...

Love the touches of navy! Looks so great with gold!

Crazy Wonderful said...

LOVE what you did with the paint to your accessories. That dripped vase is way cool!

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

Love all three pieces, especially the jar with gold stripes. So cool.

Tiffany @ {Living Savvy} said...

Love the blue! Can't wait to see the niche all styled! It will look awesome!

black tag diaries said...

love how the candle sticks turned out... and i CANNOT wait to see the finished nook space!!

Gwen @ The Bold Abode said...

It's going to be fabulous! It's going to be so swanky!!!

Alana in Canada said...

I love the navy! So much more crisp than the stencil. Great backdrop, too. Just a thought--will you spray paint the switch.plug covers or hatever they are back there on the wall. Found your blog through the colour my orld series. Love what you are doing!

Ange said...

The nook is looking great! I'm really liking the navy spray paint too, now I might need to try that. The dipped vases looked good too. It's all coming together with the newly styled mantel. :)