Friday, June 24, 2011

Feature Friday #3

The chevron trend has been around for a while now, but I still love it. My chevron chairs are one of my most favorite saves ever.

There are so many fun things going on in Blogland featuring the chevron pattern, everything from painted rugs to painted walls. I thought I'd share one of my favorite uses of the good ol' zigzag pattern (that's what we called it, before we knew the fancy name "chevron"): painted dressers.


I love the yellow knobs on this one. Check out the link to find a very helpful tutorial too.


Again, the gray and white looks great.


This Ikea hack features a more subtle, but no less beautiful, pattern.



I like the contrast between the stained top and the painted body of this one.

Here is a totally new take on the dresser that is absolutely stunning:

And one last pic. This time the chevrons were flipped on their side and painted in a bold color:

What do you think? Do you like chevron painted furniture? Is this trend done? Has it been overdone?

4 comments:

Crazy Wonderful said...

Definitely not over yet, I can't get enough! Great inspiration. I can't wait to find some time to give my dresser some fancy zigs and zags ;D

Renee said...

Susie! I can FINALLY leave a comment ( the German Blogspot took over every time I tried to log on and wouldn't let me) Your site is GREAT I love it. I just went and got a table at Goodwill for $13.00 for my kitchen.. I wish you were closer. xoxo Renee

Holly Gruszka said...

I'm doing our mini master makeover in grey and yellow - so that first photo is perfect to me!

J Thax said...

So fun. I love the wooden one, and also the one with the yellow knobs. Are you doing a project like this?!


The Hidden Vegetable