Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Before and After Minus the Before

My latest project was kind of a quicky. I bought these end tables on Craig's List. They were an ugly dark brown and reeked of smoke. They were so ugly, I primed them without taking any before pics. Kilz primer is a wonder...once coated in Kilz, the smoke smell disappeared. Hooray!!


After priming, I sprayed them with several coats of Ivory paint. Then, I sanded and added a glaze. I don't usually antique and glaze, but I thought it worked well on these pieces.


For my local friends, these are for sale. $25 each or $45 for the set. FREE local delivery.

If you want to see what real expertly antiqued pieces look like, check out these blogs:

European Paint Finishes


and

Miss Mustard Seed


Maybe someday I'll be able to paint and refinish like that!

6 comments:

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

Love em.

Miss Charming said...

They are so beautiful! You did a wonderful job. I love all the detail.

Anonymous said...

Sandi @ Making It Homey said...They turned out beautiful, what do you mean, "someday you'll be able to refinish like that", you already are.

Mindie Hilton said...

Beautiful!

Hi, Besides a weekly anything goes link party, I have a new ongoing free give away link party now too. Share your give aways or enter to win.
Hope to see you soon at http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/

Deborah March said...

These are just GREAT...and talk about priced to sell!! WOW!!

Anonymous said...

its okay not the best though cant you put up the pictures from before you did the adjusting- -what if ur lying 11!11 see if you know what that means mf