Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!

I hope everyone has been able to enjoy the three-day weekend. I know that we have. We travelled down to the big city, all five of us plus the dogs. Our beautiful niece Taylor graduated from high school. So, we've been enjoying family time with her family and my mother-in-law. We've also been able to take advantage of some big-city attractions that we miss living in a small town, such as the Science Museum and Zoo.

Not only does today mark the official end of the school year for us, it is also a day that honors those who have died while serving our country. I am so grateful for the individuals who have served in the military and have protected our country and fought for the freedoms we enjoy today. I have two nephews currently serving in the marines, my father-in-law was in the marines during World War II and my grandfather also served in the army in World War II. A big thank you to all military personnel!!



Now let's all go eat some of this:

No comments: