Wednesday, July 11, 2012

House Tour: Kitchen and Dining Room

A couple of weeks I promised you a house tour.  So far, I've shown you the living room.  I've gotten a bit sidetracked by summer fun, but I better get cracking on another house tour post...especially since my friend Jessamie mentioned my nonexistant house tour on her blog!

I know that some of these pictures aren't new, but I thought it would be nice to have them collected in one place.

Let's start in the dining room.


The dresser was a Craigslist find.  I painted it Plumage by Martha Stewart and cream.  The gold mirror was originally brown, but it got glammed up with a coat of gold spray paint.  The sunburst mirrors from Hobby Lobby are some of my favorite things.




I also really like the Wheatfield's colorful prints, which can be found on Etsy.  I had to include a picture of my best dog ever, Henry the golden retriever, who died about two years ago.


I got this little candle during the Target Missoni madness.
More sunburst goodness.


I'm planning on painting the brown wall Benjamin Moore Gray Owl to match the rest of the house.  The vases were 25 cents each at the thrift store.

Not the best picture, but I love how my black painted French doors turned out.


Gotta love the $1.00 Neimann Marcus brass tray from the thrift store.




Let's move onto the kitchen.  The kitchen is definitely a work in progress.







For more of the tour:



6 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

i just adore your dining room- fabulous color and details and splashes of glam!

Crazy Wonderful said...

Looks amazing, I love all that color in your dining room. I've got to get cracking on putting a home tour up too. Lazy has been my middle name lately :)

Gwen @ The Bold Abode said...

Beautiful, Suzy! I just adore that table!

Jessamie {Bird and Branch Redesign} said...

Love it, girly! That mirror is great. Glad I could nudge you to let us snoop your house a little more!

danajaspen said...

Suzy

Its Dana- I love your blog and your style!! We just built a house here in Denver and I am slowly decorating! I think you are in Colorado let me know if you are ever down in Denver!

best,
dana

Holly Gruszka said...

You've done such a great job with your home Suzy - you should be so proud. The Wheatfield is definitely a go-to of mine when I want something colorful and bold for an art piece. I love the saying that you chose.