Thursday, July 12, 2012

I couldn't resist the hype...


************Edited to Add:  Some of you have asked where I found my knock-off necklace.  I noticed that the seller is no longer on Ebay.  However, if you go to ebay and search "J. Crew Bubble Necklace," you will find a bunch of sellers in a similar price range and all varieties of color.********************************************************************


You know what I'm talking about. 


You've heard other bloggers post about it. 

You've seen it all over Pinterest.
Source: futilish.com via Elke on Pinterest

Yes, I'm referring to the iconic J. Crew Bubble Necklace.  Not the real one, mind you.  But, the knock-off version that can be found on Ebay for the incredibly low price of $13.99 (said in my best QVC salesperson voice).


I couldn't resist and had to buy one for myself.  I anxiously awaited it's arrival from China.  About three weeks after ordering, this beauty arrived in my mailbox.  I think I've worn it every day since.

If you've thought about ordering one of these, DO IT!  The quality is great, as is the price.  I kind of want one in every color.

9 comments:

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

OK so I love these things and I really keep thinking that I want one but I'm just not much of a necklace person? I try to the cute scarves as well and I just feel like something is choking me. Yours is awesome though!

Jessamie {Bird and Branch Redesign} said...

I TOTALLY caved! I bought one and freaking love it! I try not to wear it ALL the time, but it's so hard! I got the orange one.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I love it, Suzy!!! It looks great with hot pink!!

Starr said...

Perhaps I've been living in a dark cave, but I have never seen such a necklace. Very cute!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Hehehe! I totally fell for it, too...TWICE. (c: I have that turquoise and the coral color. Best purchase *EVER*! That combo is *fabulous* by the way...

Gwen @ The Bold Abode said...

Super cool. First time I've seen it... I never buy jewelry. Perhaps, I should...

Holly Gruszka said...

You're too funny. You know I didn't even know what the bubble necklace was until a few weeks ago (that shows you how out of touch I am with what's going on in the fashion world) - but now I know. I had gotten my own version at a local boutique - it's colorful and bold but not as big as your bubble necklace. Mine kind of looks like those candy banana runts all slapped together on one necklace - and I love it! :)

A room with a view said...

Gorgeous piece and it looks stunning!

y05t3mb said...

Since you were pleased with your purchase, could you please share with us the name of the seller on ebay? Thanks.