I have been hearing a lot about dry shampoos lately, so when TRESemme contacted me about trying their new Fresh Start Dry Shampoo I jumped at the chance. The dry shampoo revives your hair's style without a drop of water on days when you feel like skipping a regular shampoo. What busy mom wouldn'tt want to cut her hair styling time down to next-to-nothing?
I know that dry shampoos are supposed to remove excess oil from hair. This concerned me a bit because my hair is naturally coarse and a bit dry. My hair needs all of the oil it can get to tame it into a nice sleek straight style. Luckily, TRESemme has addressed this issue and has a full line of dry shampoos, even a moisturizing waterless foam shampoo. They also have a smoothing dry shampoo that I plan on trying. If your hair is prone to breakage, the line includes a strengthening dry shampoo. TRESemme also has a volumizing dry shampoo to pump up your hair. One of the best things about TRESemme Fresh Start is the lovely citrus smell. It's fresh, but not overpowering. Here's a link for more information: TRESemmé Fresh Start Dry Shampoo
Don't worry if you've never tried a dry shampoo. It's super-easy to use.
- Shake vigorously before use and in between spray bursts for best results.
- Lift sections of dry hair and spray lightly at the roots.
- Don't spray it like hairspray (all over and continuously).
- Spray in short bursts, holding it 8-10 inches from the head.
- Leave it in for 1-2 minutes.
- Use fingertips or a brush to distribute product evenly.
- If clogging occurs, remove the nozzle and rinse under warm water before reattaching the nozzle.
Here's a little video to give you more tips on how to use the product: