Monday, February 13, 2012

Estate Sale Art

This weekend we were out and about and happened to stop at an estate sale.  The woman who had lived in the home was an artist and there was tons of her art for sale.  It was the second day of the sale, so everything was 50% off.  We seemed to be the only ones looking at the art.  We were definitely the only ones that I saw purchasing it.

Although the other shoppers weren't intersted in the art, my kids had fun picking out a few pieces for themselves as did Andy and I.  Everything was $1-$5.  I like these pieces because they look like the area where we live and it's Western ranching and mining past.

Here's what we found:







The girls want to put their choices in their rooms.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the rest, but I'm sure I'll think of something!

I can't seem to get enough of gallery walls.  I think I'm going to end up with one in every room (and lots of holes in my walls!).  I'm sure I have another gallery wall in my future with my new purchases.   I like the look of these eclectic collections:




Pretty gold frames:







14 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

oh wow i am insanely jealous right now! awesome finds!

Unknown said...

What a goldmine of a find! So fun, love the gallery wall idea for these pieces, it will have amazing impact!
Cathy

charmaine said...

Jealous! Great finds! I scored an original too over the weekend - a 50x50 abstract painting for $160! Don't you just love a good sale?!

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

those are great paintings. I love how they are all different but clearly in the same style of painting--were they done by the homeowner, do you know? I think they'd look great as a grouping on a gallery wall.

pam {simple details} said...

I would have driven from Denver for those! How exciting, you were in the right place at the right time, Suzy!

Starr said...

I love buying that kind of art and would love to cover my walls in it. My mother enjoys primitive art especially, so we've ended up with lots of great finds. (don't ask about the murder memorial that ended up in our sun room growing up...)

Tiffany said...

You really scored here. That art is going to look awsome on a wall. Really great pieces. All done by the same artist?

A room with a view said...

I love estate sales and looks like you got some great prices for some amazing pieces, Suzy. A great collage in the making!

Holly Gruszka said...

What an estate sale and no one else was looking at them? A great score! I think they all look great together as well. You could even put them together and tell your own story once the girls have chosen their pieces of art - I think that would be a neat idea.

Beth said...

We had a gallery wall in our apartment, but now our basement is our gallery. I love the photo on the bottom with the marble torso. Sigh.

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

I would have purchased them all! I am considering a gallery wall myself - thanks for the inspiration photos!

The Pink Pagoda said...

Estate sales are so much fun and you can find such treasure. You certainly did! I'm loving gallery walls too! I want lots of them all over my house!

Emma (Glitter and Gold) said...

OMG those are absolutely awesome!!! I can't wait to see a gallery wall done with them --- i cant believe you got them for those prices!!!

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Fantastic finds! I love estate sales. Thanks for sharing. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse