Friday, February 17, 2012

Tag! You're It!

You will probably learn more about me in this post than you care to learn, but I've been tagged by two blog friends in a fun little game and I've decided to play along. 

Both Cathy from Room Rx and Lisa from Shine Your Light tagged me in this game.  The rules are simple: Eleven is the magic number, answer eleven questions, tag eleven other bloggers and figure out eleven different questions to ask them.

First up, the Q&A session with Cathy's questions:
1) Do you like to cook or bake?
I love to eat, does that count?  I really don't like to spend much time in the kitchen, but if I had to choose between cooking and baking, it would have to be cooking.


2) My one guilty pleasure is....?
Only one?!?  Ignoring the rest of the world, while I relax with a good book.









3) To unwind at the end of a long day I....?
Sit in bed with my laptop and browse my favorite blogs and Pinterest.  Sometimes, I'll watch a show online.  Downton Abbey is my current favorite.  But speaking of guilty pleasures, I have a strange fascination with the Real Housewives series as well.

Source: bravotv.com via Kyle on Pinterest


 4) Where do you do your blogging?
I usually sit at a table in my living room or else in bed.


5) I could eat a whole bag/box/package of... in one sitting?
Oh how I love sugary snacks!  I could eat a whole box of any type of cookie, but I particularly like Girl Scout Thin Mints.

6) White wine or red?
I don't drink wine.  I like to stick to Diet Coke.


7) My idea of the perfect day is....?
Spending an active day outdoors with my family: hiking, hanging out by a lake, even playing in the back yard...anything outside.  Then going out for a nice big Italian dinner.

8) The room in my home that I like the best is...?
Mary's room :)


9) The accomplishment I am most proud of in the past year is...?
Any of the things that I've accomplished at my childrens' school  Our school district, like many, is in the midst of severe budget cuts.  I am Vice President on the PTO and we have been able to raise a lot of money and do great things for the school.  I'm also an art and reading aide and it's so inspiring to see the progress the kids are making throughout the year.








10) What song can't you get out of your head right now?
I don't have a song stuck in there right now, just a swirling mess of the all of the things that need to get done (e.g. "remember to stop at the store," "be at the school at 10:45," "finish the picture frames"...you get the picture?).

11) What is one item on your "bucket list?"
Run the New York marathon.



Now on to Lisa's questions:
1. What's your favorite place in the United States?
I would have to say Hawaii.  Is there anything better than sitting on a beautiful tropical beach?

This is the Grand Hyatt Kauai, where I spent my honeymoon.

2. Where would you love to visit that you've never been before?
I've been fortunate and have been able to travel to many places, but there still are so many more that I would love to visit, particularly with my husband because he has not travelled much.  I would like to visit the Greek Isles.

Source: google.com via Mary on Pinterest


3. Favorite song you're loving right now?
I'm boring and rarely listen to music.

4. Good book recommendation?
The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon.  I just read Little Bee by Chris Cleave and that was good too.  For a light and fun read, check out this one from The Pioneer Woman:



5. What's your best quality?
My caring...if I care about something, I'll do everything possible for it.  This can also be a negative, when I care too much.


6. What is something about yourself you'd like to change?
I wish I could be a little more relaxed and stress about things less.  Care less?

7. What is the number one thing you hope to accomplish in 2012?
I know this is a bit generic, but I hope to do everything I can so that my family is happy.  I don't have one specific goal in regards to this.


8. What is your favorite project that you've ever accomplished?
I changed almost everything in my house in the past year and I'm happy with the results.  It's hard to pick just one favorite...maybe Mary's room (see above).


9. What is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
My husband is always surprising me by doing nice things....not always roses and chocolate, but helping me with things that need to be done around the house and with the kids so that I can have some time to myself.


10. Favorite kitchen or home improvement tool?
Is paint a tool?  A coat of paint can change just about anything!


11. What do you enjoy about blogging?
When I started blogging, I never imagined that I would meet such a wonderful and supportive group of people who share the same interests that I have.  The friends I have met is number one, followed closely by all of the inspiration I've found in their projects.

Next to share the Rules:
**You must post the rules
**Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you; then create 11 questions to ask the people you've tagged
**Tag 11 people and link them in your post
**Let them know you have tagged them

Then to tag 11 bloggers:

Tiffany at Living Savvy
Tiffany at Worthwhile Domicile
Linda at My Crafty Homelife
Shelley at Crazy Wonderful
Lisa at Trapped in North Jersey
Jessamie at Bird and Branch Redesign
Gwen at A Bold Abode
Amy at The Salvage Collection
Anne at Hello Newman's
Maury at Life on Mars
Jenny at Simcoe Street

And finally, my 11 questions for them.  I had to steal a few from other bloggers because I liked them:
1) If you could visit one place in the world, where would it be?
2) What is your dream job?
3) What is your favorite book?
4) Name an item on your bucket list.
5) Do you speak any other languages?
6) If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
7) If you could change anything about your current home, what would it be?
8) What is something you've learned from blogging?
9) If you could take any type of class, what would it be about?
10) If you could have dinner with one person, who would it be?
11) If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?

Tag! you are it! Hope you'll play.... You can also play by visiting these delightful blogs and saying hello!
















9 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun game! i just saw another rearlier today. One of my guilty pleasures is watching Housewives too. I'm a little ever Beverly Hills though after the 3 part after show! Way too much!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

It's up...I'm in.

Unknown said...

Suzy, I was laughing out loud at the photo that says "stop me before I volunteer again!" That speaks volumes about why I have connected with you! Your kids' school is so lucky to have a parent like you on board. Loved hearing all of the other good stuff about you too!

Cathy

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Let's hear it for the type "A" people who don't know how to relax. That is what the wine is for. Great job with your kid's school.

The Pink Pagoda said...

I loved reading about you, Suzy! You're a busy lady to do so much at school and home! Impressive!

Crazy Wonderful said...

How fun! I'm totally game and can't wait to start my post :)

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

Thanks for including me! I'll definitely play along!

Tiffany @ {Living Savvy} said...

Wow! Thank you for tagging me! I am putting together a post for Friday!

Gwen @ The Bold Abode said...

FINALLY getting over strep and working on your questions! Hope to post later today!