Friday, February 24, 2012

February's Project: the Back Hall

Did you think Mary's room makeover was my February project?  It was what I spent the majority of my time on this month, but it wasn't THE project.


Shine Your Light


 Lisa over at Shine Your Light holds a monthly "before and after" party.  The first Friday of the month, you link up your before pics and the last Friday of the month, your after pics.  I needed some motivation to get started on painting basically every interior wall in my home, so I decided to start simply by painting my back hall as my February project. 

My before post can be found here.  But here's where I started:
Brown walls, dirty old rug, messy bulletin board and a very well-used doggy door.  Ewww!

Here's where we are now.

I painted the walls Gray Owl by Benjamin Moore.  The door got a coat of glossy black paint and I swapped out the rug.  There's still a little cutting to be done at the top of the wall that I didn't quite get too.

Beware.  There are lots of pics of the dogs.  They like to hang out in this area and had to get in just about every picture.



This bulletin board needed some work.

I couldn't submit my "after" post with such an unsightly object.  So, at 8:00 tonight, I decided to makeover the bulletin board.

I covered it with some fabric and added a little nailhead trim.  And, voila!

I'm not sure if I love the bulletin board with the black and white rug.  That's something that will be easy to change.  Especially since the rug was something I had on hand and did not purchase especially for this space.


I ran out of nailheads.  Oops!


See where the hallway curves around to the left?  I got that all painted, but I still have some art ideas for the walls that haven't happened yet.  Hmmmm, maybe for my March project?!?!

Happy weekend friends!

10 comments:

Ange said...

Oh I love it! The black door, the paint color, the doggy, the fabric on the bulletin board with nailhead trim, yes! Wonderful choices and it looks so fresh!

Carol-Anne said...

I've been following your progress on this job....and it's just amazing how much better it looks already!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

This looks so fresh. The black gloss is perfect. I like the bulletin board...it will be covered with "stuff" soon enough.Looks great...what's next?

Holly Gruszka said...

No wonder you're so busy - you whipped out another project! Good for you it looks great! Love what the black does for the hallway - and I really like your bulletin board. I've been wanting to do something like that for a while - one of these days.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Suzy, I absolutely love that interior door painted black...so glad you decided to go for it! Also, can't believe you just whipped out the makeover of that corkboard! It looks so custom and dresses up the space! Thanks so much for sharing about my B&A parties and linking up!

Unknown said...

Great changes! I like the board, but I think it might look better with a diff rug. A yellow rug would really add some color and look great with your board fabric! Just an idea.

A room with a view said...

I like what you did with the door. I wish I could do that - currently too many finger prints which I constantly have to clean. I like the nailhead trim board. And it is a good size. I can see you are on full speed with your projects this year Suzy!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Great Before and After post. I love the new details and oh your "pups" are so cute (fun to see them getting into the photo shoot :o)

A little ways back, my hubby repainted our front door black and changed out every hinge, knob, etc to the brushed nickel. Initially, I thought it was too much for him to change them all, but I do love how they all look. :o)

Blessings & Aloha!
So nice to meet you! I'm popping over through Lisa's Before & After party. If you get a chance to stop by, I'd love to share with you the progress that our daughter is at with their nursery :o) Nursery time...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.