Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The One Room Challenge: Week 5

We are in the home stretch of the One Room Challenge!  If you are just joining us, 15 bloggers have been challenged to completely makeover one room in six weeks.  I'm working on my daughter Mary's room.

I have a confession to make.  I didn't do a single thing in Mary's room this week...and there's only one week left until the end of the challenge.  Yikes!  I only have a few small projects left and here's hoping I get to them this week.

Remember this mirror that I showed you last week?

My super-junker friend Cindy found it for me.  She also found these butterflies:
I think they would look really cute painted and hung on the wall.  On the other hand, I'm afraid the room is getting to busy and I don't want too much "stuff" in the room.  I might put them in my other daughter's room.

Cindy also found this adorable little chair.
At first, I thought about spray painting it, but I think the golden color is pretty.  It just needs some foam and pretty fabric on the seat.  Again, I'm not sure if this will go in Mary's room or in my other daughter's room.  I guess you'll just have to wait and see!

Now, go check out the other One Week Challenge-ers to see some real progress.  Be sure to stop back next week.  I promise you a completed room then!


Dutch.British.Love
Trapped in North Jersey
Nicole Scott Designs
Kim Macumber Interiors
Rue de Emily
The Pink Pagoda
refresheddesigns
Nana Moon Shop
Taylor Morgan Design
Insideways
My Crafty Home Life
House Four
Living Savvy
(A Lifestyle Thing)

Linked here:

12 comments:

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Six weeks is tough. thankfully, the finish line is near. I love that peacock looking chair. As for the butterflies, it is hard to make a girls room too busy...its all fun for them and will change again.

Janet @ House Four said...

I need a friend like Cindy!!
Love that chair.
Don't feel badly - my post isn't even ready yet and I only did two things this week. This coming week is going to be sheer insanity for me in order to complete everything!

A room with a view said...

The chair is cute and whimsical. I am excited to see the final room and all the other spaces.

Holly Gruszka said...

That chair is awesome! You could put that in a lot of different places. How are things with the seamstress? I'm so curious!

Cassie Bustamante said...

that chair is So fabulous! the room looks amazing so far and you have so much to be proud of!

Unknown said...

Yes, I know those kind of weeks, all of the best laid plans.
I say add the butterflies, they are adorable, paint them to coordinate with your embroidery hoop fabrics and install them there and spilling onto the mirror wall. As they always say, "Go big or go home!"
Cathy

Tiffany @ {Living Savvy} said...

I love the chair! And those butterflies are very unique! But rooms always need some editing... can't wait to see the final decision!

Tiffany said...

I love that chair. Do you have a specific fabric in mind?

Nicole said...

Great finds! I love those project possibilities. I want a friend like Cindy too! Can't wait till next week to see your reveal!!

Jennifer Bewerse said...

I think you almost can't have too much stuff in a kid's room. I mean, yes there is the point of clutter, but I think there's a certain amount of overstimulation expected of kids's rooms. Otherwise they can look a little fake. I don't know if that makes sense... You'll make the right decision - I just thought I would point that out! :)

The Pink Pagoda said...

Ha! I didn't do anything this week either! I showed prints I ordered a couple of weeks ago for the wall I HOPE will be finished by next week!

Emily said...

This week was a tough week because we are so close to the end and the little things are what need to be done...I think the butterflies are a cool touch!