Friday, February 24, 2012

Feature Friday: Charmaine from My Best Friend Craig

Hooray for Friday and another feature!  Today Charmaine from My Best Friend Craig is sharing her beautiful dining room with us.  I love Charmaine's eclectic style.  She's not afraid to mix a mid-century piece with the traditional.  Her blog features lots of great inspiration and pictures.  Stop by and say "hi" to Charmaine when you get a chance.

Hi all!  I'm Charmaine from My Best Friend Craig.  I am grateful to be here on Suzy's fantastic blog.
Today,  I want to share some before and after photos of our dining room.  We moved into our house 2 and a half years ago.  It is a Tudor style house built in the 80's and with it came 1980's orange colored oak trim.




I personally think it dates the house.  The first thing we did was paint the trim white and the walls a nice bluish gray shade...






Next,  I tackled the built-in hutch and painted it gray.  Since we entertain a lot, I also replaced our old dining room table with a thrift store find table that has 3 leaves and painted it turquoise...








You can say that my style is eclectic.  I like mixing old and new, high and low and traditional and modern pieces.  
I am a big fan of craigslist for all my vintage finds(hence my blog name)


Here is what our dining room looks like now...






{The chandelier and oval back chairs are both craigslist finds}








Here's a look of the before again...


and after...










Hope you guys enjoyed this post!
Thanks again Suzy for having me here today!  Have a great weekend everyone!






11 comments:

Unknown said...

Delightful and oh so stylish....heading over to Charmaine's blog to check out more of this "goodness!"
Cathy

charmaine said...

Thanks again Suzy!
Have a great weekend!

Cassie Bustamante said...

awesome feature! thanks for the intro- LOVE that dining room.

Starr said...

What a breath of fresh air in blog land! I love seeing wild colors and some design risks. They all work beautifully.

Nicole said...

Fantastic! I love what you've done...and a peek into the living room has me wanting more...I'll be checking out your blog right away! Oh and BTW I'm friends with Craig too:)

Tammy @ Type A said...

beautiful! love the colors you used, so fresh.

Unknown said...

Great job Charmaine! It is a gorgeous room.
Happy Weekend!
Nancy
http://www.powellbrower.com/2012/02/trend-or-timeless.html

AK said...

Love those funky white chairs. Totally modern and classic looks make this room exciting and new! Great job.

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

That room looks like a million bucks!!

Decor & Harmony said...

I'm so glad I pop in today :) the restyles are fabulous I love your hallway and the dining room from your guest hostess is a stunner I live the table its a great pop of color and so unexpected.

Anonymous said...

fantastic! i too like eclecticity! (is that a word?)