Friday, February 17, 2012

Summer Dreaming




Can we please fast forward to summer?  Summer is my favorite season and just about this time every winter I start dreaming about warm, beachy vacations like this:

Source: flickr.com via Angela on Pinterest

This is near Cassis, France on the Mediterranean.  I lived near this area for six months and would love to go back!



I think this vintage print is cute.  Although, doesn't it look like the mother is afraid she is going to lose her baby in the waves?


While hanging out at the beach, I'm going to need a fun beach towel.  I love Land's End towels.  I have had a blue and yellow awning stripe towel from Land's End for 13 years and it still looks great.  (That was not a paid endorsement, in case you are wondering!)



One King's Lane has some fun towels right now too.




PB Teen is right on trend with this ikat towel:


These colors remind me of the Mediterranean:


Spekaing of the Mediterranean, nne place that I haven't been that I dream of visiting is Greece.
Source: google.ca via Lindsay on Pinterest


The Cinque Terre in Italy is a place I've visited and would encourage you to see as well.  It's a string of hillside towns in Italy.  You can hike between the towns or take a water taxi.
Source: google.com via Laurie on Pinterest


If you are looking for a place closer to home, the Mayan Rivera near Cancun is a good bet.  The beaches are beautiful.  We've stayed at several all-inclusive resorts and it's a perfect family vacation.  The kids (and adults!) love the unlimited frozen drinks and ice cream.
Source: google.com via Tami on Pinterest


The Iberostar Paraiso del Mar/Beach is our favorite resort there.
Source: google.com via Shayne on Pinterest


We only take these beach vacations every few years, and unfortunately this is an "off" year.  Hopefully next year!

Do you have a favorite vacation destination or somewhere that you dream of visiting someday?

4 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Oh I needed to take this little mini vacation to the beach - thanks Suzy!! How amazing to have lived in France for 6 months! I am dreaming of summertime myself.....I can't wait to relax in the sunshine!

charmaine said...

Boracay Island is a definite must for us every time we go back home to the Philippines!
Those are fun towels! It's hard to think of summer when it's snowing right now in WI.

Tiffany said...

I hate summer when it's summer, but when it's winter it's all I can think about.
By the way I've been to Greece and it looks just like it does in pictures...beautiful!

A room with a view said...

You have lived in and visited some amazing places, Suzy. I have never visited the south of France (other parts though) or Italy - not yet. A lot of family & friends are heading north south or west for this winter break week and I have a ton of work to get done. Love those beach towels. They would make great gifts, too.