Thursday, August 4, 2011

Book Suggestion

I LOVE to read.  It is my absolute favorite thing in the world to do, especially when I find a good book.  I would happily lay in my bed or on the couch with a good book for hours and only rise occasionally to snack or use the bathroom.

Well, I just finished this book in less than 24-hours.  That qualifies it as a good book in my opinion.



I didn't know much about the Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond, prior to reading this book.  I knew she cooked and since I detest cooking and will go to great lengths to avoid it, I never checked out her blog.  This book, however, has nothing to do with cooking.  It details how she went from an L.A. city girl to meeting and later marrying Marlboro Man, her hunky husband, and settling down on his cattle ranch.  It is such a great love story.  In addition, Ree is a great writer.  If you are looking for a new book to read, I would definitely recommend this one.  Beware, it will make you want to go out and find your own cowboy!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I love to read also and wish I had more time to do it. Prior to kids, I loved curling up with a good book.

Gloria Fox said...

I love this book and her whole story. Her cookbook is great too. I think its the only cookbook I have ever read cover to cover. She has a few stories in there and photos from life on the ranch too. I can't wait for her Food Network show to air this fall. They filmed on the ranch and it includes her life there...not just cooking.

A room with a view said...

I will definitely check this one out - always looking for another book to add to my list/collection. Thx1

K&B by the Sea said...

Thanks for your comment on my guest post over at Aubrey's blog :-)

I'm on the hunt for some good books to read - I might add this one to my list :-) The problem is that I just finished reading The Help a couple of weeks ago, and loved it so much that I'm afraid other books won't live up to it!

Tanya Anurag said...

I want to read it but the last line of the post is holding me back. 'My cowboy' might just not let me read it ;) You read it in less than 24 hours, it HAS to be good. Like the cover... very vibrant.

I am hosting my first Link-up party - Tea Time Thursdays. Would be glad to see you there :)

http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/celebrating-one-party-time.html

Bookshop UK said...

wow!!!!! online book store UK for cheap computer books..
Buy Online Books

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

I had no idea that she had a book, but I've been making her delicious recipes for a while! She is so completely amazing...I'm going to have to check this out!

Katie @ Wildwood Creek said...

I also read the book in less than 24 hours. The Pioneer Woman is the very first blog I started reading. I first read her cookbook and saw that she had a blog, so I checked it out. I was hooked! PW is a delight with a wacky sense of humor. She'll put a smile on your face every time you read her blog.