Monday, August 15, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things: Katie from Craptastic

My first guest poster is Katie from Craptastic.  Not only is Katie super sweet and funny, she is an amazing crafter who is not afraid of color.  When she is not busy creating, she is studying to be a Physician Assistant or jumping off cliffs (go check it out on her blog!).  I'm so glad that she is here to share a few of her favorite things with us today!  Take it away, Katie!

Hey Folks!! I am THRILLED to be hanging out with all of you today!  I'm a big fan of 'The Sound of Music' too, so I am pumped to be a part of the "A Few of My Favorite Things' series this week!!
I'm Katie, from CRAPTASTIC! 

CRAPTASTIC
 

My blog is just a huge compilation of all the crap I love! I have a lot of refinished furniture projects, some crazy crafts, and I'm attempting to start sewing soon!
Here are some of my favorite projects I've done!
1. To the left is a fun chair I just finished! It has an awesome compartment for storage under the seat!
2. I refinished this funky, retro-ish desk for my friend! It reminds me of Slimer from Ghostbusters!
3.  These barstools were refinished for my Mom for Christmas! They look so great in her kitchen!
4.  I found this sweet little chair at an antique store and painted it turquoise! This is how my friends find my house - I tell them to look for the house with a blue chair on the porch! =)
Its always fun to work on projects for friends and family.  You can really see everyone's personalities shine through in their color and style choice!
I've been slowly updating bits and pieces of my home, one project at a time!
Here is an awesome jewelry holder my bestest made for me!
It houes all of my earrings and necklaces, and I keep my bracelets and rings in a tray below it!
I love all the imperfectness of it - so unique!
I just finished this lamp a few days ago! I haven't even posted it on my blog yet, so you all get the exclusive sneak peek! ;)
I think I love it the most when the light is on! The ruffles were made with white muslin - I'll have a tutorial up in a few weeks!  Here is a close-up of the shade!
Now for another exclusive sneak peek!  I found this old door at a yard sale and refinished it to go above my couch in my living room! It really brightens up the space! My favorite part of it is the antique doorknob! I'll have a tutorial on this in a few weeks too!
Next, I adore my Charlie Brown dresser!  I use it in my living room for storage - all my games fit in here!  It seems like almost all of my favorite things come from my living room! :)
Lastly, I wanted to show you one of my favorite products to use:
I LOVE my Minwax finishing wax! I use it on almost all of my projects, especially anything that gets painted a lighter color.  I'm an instant gratification kind of gal, so I love that I can put this on and use the furniture immediately! It creates a beautiful look and really helps protect the project!
I hope you all enjoyed peeking at my favorite things today!! I had so much fun hanging out with you all!  Hope you'll stop by and have a peek around! I would love to have you!
Thanks again Suzy for letting me hang out with you today!
Cheers!



8 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

katie is talented and creative and i always love her bold use of color. not to mention she has got to be one of the sweetest bloggers around!

Unknown said...

Yay Katie!

A room with a view said...

Great pieces of furniture and I love the colors; very creative!

Holly Gruszka said...

Katie seems to have a lot of fun with her projects. I love all of her colorful choices too!

Bonnie said...

Great post Katie! I like seeing alot of your great projects in one place! Follow Katie everyone!!! xoxo

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

I *love* the name of your blog, Katie! I especially love it because all the things you make are so darn fabulous! Definitely going to go check out some more craptastic stuff, I'm feeling inspired! (c:

Katie said...

Thank you all so much for the sweet comments! Thank you so much for having me Suzy! So much fun!

Missy said...

cute stuff! great ideas!