Friday, August 5, 2011

Peaches Are Here!

We are fortunate enough to live in an area that is famous for its orchards.  It's an exciting time in our little valley when it's peach harvest time.




We even have a fun little festival to celebrate the peaches.  I just got my first box of peaches today. 

Aren't they pretty?

Afraid of being shunned from the community for not properly taking advantage of the peaches, the first year I moved here from the big city I bought large amounts of peaches and tried to can them.  That was five years ago.  I still have those jars in my pantry.  We're too afraid to eat them for fear of botulism.  Hey, I told you I wasn't known for my cooking skills.  Once I poisoned an entire group of church ladies from a soup I brought to a potluck.  That'll teach them to never ask me to bring anything!

I better do something with these peaches and something fast or else I'm going to have a house full of fruit flies.  So, I'm thinking I might try to make jam and fruit leather from these goodies.  That can't be too hard, right? 

I know this is a decorating blog and everything, but if I make something and it turns out good, do you want a tutorial?  I promise to try not to poison you!  I'll make my kids be the guinea pigs.

3 comments:

Carol-Anne said...

I'm crazy about peaches, so whatever you do with them, I'd love to hear about it! (love me some peach pie!)

A room with a view said...

These look delicious..such great color, makes them more appetizing!

Holly Gruszka said...

Well if the cooking/baking thing doesn't work out with these peaches, then just use them as some pretty color inspiration because they certainly have that. And I bet they smell good too.