Friday, August 19, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things: Megan from A Lived in Home

Hi everyone! I'm Megan from A Lived in Home and I'm thrilled to be filling in today for Suzy while she's away and sharing a few of my favorite things with you. Believe it or not, my favorite things other than my family and dog, didn't automatically come to me. Now of course we all have our favorite pair of shoes or handbag that we carry, but I didn't want to bore you with those. I really started thinking about what makes my life easier on a daily basis and keeps all the chaos organized. There are a couple sentimental things too that I wanted to share.
This is the girly space in my closet that I recently made over. The table is the Lack from IKEA that I got for a whopping $7. I wanted a space to display some of my jewelry and perfume along with family pics. Something very special about this space is my wedding bouquet. I'm reminded daily of that amazing day.  
Now, I'm sure you are looking at this pic wondering why is this lady sharing a pic of her kitchen. Well, I could NOT live without my coffee pot! I have tried several coffee pots in my time and my KitchenAid has never failed me. It's been in use for 4 plus years now brewing my Dunkin Donuts coffee daily to keep me functioning and sane. (And no, neither company paid me to say that!)
Family is so important to me so that's why I'm sharing the gallery wall in my living area with you. I take a million pics so I need a lot of space to share them. It's an easy way to display photos without the clutter of a ton of frames and they are easy to switch out.
This is the rocking chair in Baby A's room that I redid for her here. It's over 30 years old and was mine as a baby. My parents have so many pics of me sitting in it. I wanted to pass it on to her so she can create special memories.  
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Expedit system from IKEA. This piece of furniture is the best for organization. I used to have paper, note pads, pens, fabric, paint, etc. all over the house in unusual places, but not anymore.
This keeps my office nice and tidy, and it saves me time when I need something. I no longer have to roam the house and rely on my memory to find things. I find myself rearranging quite often and adding more containers to it to house things.
I hope you enjoyed seeing what a few of my favorite things are. Come see more of my home here. Thanks to Suzy for having me.

4 comments:

A room with a view said...

I appreciate your favorite things - some of these make your day and life easier and others hold memories.

Anonymous said...

Love a beautiful kitchen WITHOUT white cabinets and of course that Expedit is beautifully organized. What a special piece of furniture the rocker is! Heading over to see more of Megan's beautiful home.

Holly Gruszka said...

I second the Expedit - it's a workhorse. And love things that have a story and make it special.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the sweet comments and for hosting me Suzy!